Not sync-ing

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kcswimrac
MS/Extra Newbie

Not sync-ing

Post by kcswimrac »

[attachment=0]JustyTune.msq Hi there, I have a MS3X installed on a 3 cylinder with COP, with a 36-1 tooth wheel, along with a cam trigger. Car was running well until a few weeks ago. Now when I crank it syncs for a second, picks up cranking rpm, then loses it. Some times it starts to fire then loses sync, I just can't figure out what changed, been playing with the vr conditioner to get a good looking signal. Attached are the files/logs from when it stopped working, and when I was playing with the Vr conditioner.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Not sync-ing

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Use the high speed loggers in tuner studio to capture some composite logs of attempted starts. Also go over your mechanical side of things like sensor security and gap and check that connections are good if present between the ecu and sensor. That is often the kind of thing that changes over time.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
kcswimrac
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Not sync-ing

Post by kcswimrac »

Got it going, thank you very much!! I adjusted the gap closer then i've ever put it and it runs perfect again. Was fiddling with it right after I posted and it came back to life. Thank you!!