Why does 2 step stay on when relay has no power

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Foxman1992
MS/Extra Newbie

Why does 2 step stay on when relay has no power

Post by Foxman1992 »

Im running ms3 pro, im running my 2 step wire to ground side of relay as well as to a grounded momentary button that grounds relay, then have relay constant and 12v switch ran to a key on toggle switch and power going out to my t brake from relay, brake is grounded to case. If my relay is not powered the 2 step rpm stays activated, anyone know why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Foxman1992
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Why does 2 step stay on when relay has no power

Post by Foxman1992 »

Should relay be setup to just trigger ground? I want to figure this out because i plan to run my nitrous off ms3 pro and dont want it spraying nitrous when its off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

all of the switched inputs except one are meant to be ground switched to activate
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Can you draw on a PC of paper how this is wired and post it?

As noted, ground inputs. My pro is wired with wire ground then to trans brake switch, from switch it can go to the relay and T off to pro for two step input. Mine is wired from switch to pro only and I'm using an output to trigger the ground side of my relay for bump box and delay setups
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control