New to MS. Couple of questions.....

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

wharfedale
MS/Extra Newbie

New to MS. Couple of questions.....

Post by wharfedale »

Hey Guys,

I've just bought a Westfield fitted with an ST170 engine, MS3 Extra, running Hayabusa ITBs, 14 point 7 wideband and EDIS system. I've also purchased the full license of MS.

The car came to me with cold start problems (overfueling) I've played around with the fuel VE auto tune and now have the car ticking over and generally running pretty well. My ultimate plan is to get the car to day tuner for a final tune.

When looking though the MS setting I've come up with a couple of questions if anybody could help?

1) On engine and sequential settings control algorithm is set to ALPHA-N. Should I change this to ITB?

Engine type is set to even fire. For 4 cylinder engines I though odd should be used but does this setting get ignored by using the EDIS system?

Anything else look out of place?

2) Under General settings and load parameters both fuel and ignition are set to ALPHA-N instead of ITB? Worth changing this?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to learning more about MS and getting the most out of it.
wharfedale
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: New to MS. Couple of questions.....

Post by wharfedale »

Forgot to add the MSQ.

Cheers Stuart
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New to MS. Couple of questions.....

Post by elutionsdesign »

Take some datalogs with what you have now settings wise, then look at the scatter plots tab in megalogviewer plotting PW vs. TPS and PW vs. MAP to get a feel for where the fueling is good and where it might not be. Hint, straight lines are good, huge scatter is poor.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!