MS3 SHADOW DASH BLUETOOTH ISSUES

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rashnash
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 SHADOW DASH BLUETOOTH ISSUES

Post by rashnash »

HI guys i really need some help'

I bought MS3pro and its working great i have tuner studio on my laptop (apple macbook air) and seems to work ok, I just bought the EFI analytics bluetooth s232 adaptor.

i have connected it to a Samsung via the bluetooth Adaptor and paired to tablet ok, the tablet has updated controller settings and the instrument cluster i made in my laptop did transfer perfectly into my tablet from the controller.

my problem is that my tablet has a shaded box on the shadow dash that says "not connected" on the top of the dash....it seems it only talks for a millisecond then drops out again.
when modulating the TPS the tps gauge does not move....(this is with engine stopped so no EFI issues) and yes the little switch is toward the antenna on the BT adaptor.

i have tried the BT adaptor with separate power and using power from MS3 same result.

it looks like it will be great if i could just get the controller to send the data to the shadow dash.

I have attached 2 picures, in one it says its synced but the authored not synced, however it made no difference still had same Not connected message and the Dash will not display controller outputs.

thanks Rash Nash
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 SHADOW DASH BLUETOOTH ISSUES

Post by wes kiser »

Shadowdash has to be told to "connect Bluetooth," and then the desired device must be selected. Have you done that?
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
rashnash
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by rashnash »

hi yes it has been paired with bluetooth and it does exchange controller settings, it just refuses to transmit data to shadow dash indicators but it does appear to be logging.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I have not looked into the efi analytics BT adaptor. Do they come configured with the correct baud rate?
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
rashnash
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by rashnash »

Hi there yes the EFI analytics unit is supposed to be fully configured for Megasquirt and i believe that it 11500 baud.

thanks
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

i have the same problem. bought the bluetooth adapter from efi too. is there any thing i need to change on tuner studio. my android phone shows the efi bluetooth. does the engine need to be running or just key on.
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

Running MS2 the key must on with engine running to power up the controller. The controller uses pin 9 on the serial interface to provide power for BT. If you have not installed this connection then BT won't run but USB/serial interface will work. Controllers use 115,200 baud which has to be configured on the BT device. This can be a problem as I found out, getting to accept changed baud rate and connect properly.

jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
rashnash
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by rashnash »

Hi there my problem remains. In an effort to clarify things I got rid of the Bluetooth adaptor and bought an OTG cable so now my android tablet plugs direct to the MS 3 pros sub via the OTG.

Well they talk to each other and it says it's connected but not really, occasionally I will see it Synced for 1/2 second and I get real time indications but it drops again and that's it ...I've done everything that the instructions said but I'm stuck with this...the ms3 pro connects no problem to my macbookair I'm almost ready to buy a different tablet.

Any ideas pls
rashnash
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by rashnash »

hi again...i got frustrated and bought another Samsung tablet the other day, i loaded up shadow dash and pugged it into my MS3pro and it connected, synced and worked perfectly for about one second then it did the same thing as my first tablet....jus says connected but its Not connected...it then re attempts to connect the obligatory 3 attempts and gives up, when id does display engine data it is perfect and accurate but its just for a second then it quits.

both tablets have been purchased for this dash application only and have no other software on them.

it behaves the same way whether i use the blue tooth adaptor or direct wire via USB/ OTG connector.

MS 3 works perfectly with my mackbook air tuner studios.

it seems to be a software or config problem in my opinion.

Any ideas please? this is stopping me from getting my car on the track.

Thanks JT