Ms3 pro no fan run

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

actmobmar
MS/Extra Newbie

Ms3 pro no fan run

Post by actmobmar »

Bought the harness with the ms3 pro that has the fuse/relay block all prewired. I used the heavy blue wire labeled fan, going to pos on the fans. Anyway, fan doesn't run. I lowered the turn on/off points in the software, and the box that says fan is now hilited in green, so it should be on. In the software u can select what output u want to use, so which one is it supposed to be seeing how this is prewired? Thanks for the help
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ms3 pro no fan run

Post by Matt Cramer »

Our drop on harnesses use High Current 1 for the fan output.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
slarsen
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by slarsen »

I am running into a problem with the fan wire also.

When I select input high current 1, there is a conflict after the key on/off.

Selecting either high output 2 or 3 removes the error, but no fan operation. So there is something about selecting the correct high output 1 that the ECU does not like.

The message says "Settings Error!"
This means there are conflicting settings and the Mega Squirt does not know how to handle them.
Conflict on programmable on/off output pin.
-pin already in use by - fan out
To resolve this you need to correct this error in your settings then powercycle the Mega Squirt.

I noticed that the tach gauge on the main gauge screen goes red if I select high current 1.

I have checked the tach menu and it is correct.

Anyone run across this before or have any ideas how to troubleshoot this one.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

post the msq file, but it sounds like you are trying to set the same pin for more than one function
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
slarsen
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by slarsen »

Yes, you were correct. Thanks for the tip.

Problem solved. Fan now runs as it should.

My error was in the Advanced Engine, Programmable on/off outputs.

Not sure how or why, but high output 1 was selected (green) but not enabled.

So I enabled it and then disabled it. The green indicator then went blank like the rest of the ouput ports.

Under Basic Load Settings checked the feature list showing I/O pins and I/O pins list showing usage. Both correctly indicated that high output 1 was dedicated to the fan.

Turned down the fan on temperature to lower than the ambient temperature and the fan fired right up.

Great powerful software once you start to understand it.
Energeticphenom
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Energeticphenom »

Finally, Google worked. Been having this exact same issue. Switched the wiring and setting over to High current 2 and still no operations.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Energeticphenom wrote:Finally, Google worked. Been having this exact same issue. Switched the wiring and setting over to High current 2 and still no operations.
Please start a new topic and...
:msq:

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Energeticphenom
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Energeticphenom »

jsmcortina wrote:
Energeticphenom wrote:Finally, Google worked. Been having this exact same issue. Switched the wiring and setting over to High current 2 and still no operations.
Please start a new topic and...
:msq:

James

Sorry about that James. I thought conducting a search and consolidating a similar problem under one thread would of been better.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Energeticphenom wrote: Sorry about that James. I thought conducting a search and consolidating a similar problem under one thread would of been better.
The trouble is that two seemingly near identical problems sometimes have very different answers. Discussing two of them in one thread often leads to confusion about who the recommendations are intended for.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X