No Crank after MS3x install

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

miataa
MS/Extra Newbie

No Crank after MS3x install

Post by miataa »

I purchased an MS3x unit built by braineack on the miataturbo.net forums. I installed it in my car and I could not get my car to start, however it was cranking. I adjusted some settings on tuner studio for the ignition fuel settings. I tried again, but the car would not crank. I reverted back to the old tune, and waited for about a month before I got a new tune. When I tried this tune the car would crank again, we adjusted settings and once again the car would not crank. All of my lights come on fine, the car just won't crank.

I have purchased a new battery, and new battery terminals. The problem still exists.

I would really like to know if there is a setting in Megasquirt that is causing this or if this is my starter lol.

If my starter was already on it's way out, could repeated failed attempts to start it while tuning have caused it to short out?

Thanks for the help!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No Crank after MS3x install

Post by Matt Cramer »

The MS3 does not turn the starter.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: No Crank after MS3x install

Post by WillExoIX »

When you say will not crank, what exactly do you mean? What happens when you turn the key; nothing? crank and no start? Click click click?

Could be a number of things, the information requested above could help to narrow your issue down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection