Miata ignition mod

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Russbif
MS/Extra Newbie

Miata ignition mod

Post by Russbif »

Hello folks, first post, I am well into building my MS2 using the V 3.0 board, I have been following the instructions from the website, however, now that I have reached the section outlining the modifications required to utilise the stock Miata ignitors
I have become confused, the webpage outlines the mod thus:

"The mods in this article require the spark output to be set to going low. There are some other output mods floating around out there that use the opposite setting.V3.0 mods:
Parts Needed for PCBv3 Output Mod using factory ignitors

: (2) 270 to 330 ohm 1/4w ResistorsNext use two 270 to 330 ohm resistors as pictured below, along with two bits of wire to bring the signals out to the DB37. This will condition the board to use the stock ignitors and coil packs. Take each resistor and cut off all but about an inch lead on each side, hook both ends and loop them around the pins that were already soldered. The picture below shows where they go (Note: In this picture they are marked as 1K resistors). The resistor goes from the 5v side of each resistor to the negative leg of the respective LED. This is then brought over to the db37 with two lengths of wire (one for each). The top resistor goes to IGN and the bottom resistor goes to SPR4.When wiring up your ECU later: Spark Output A will come out on pin 36, and Spark Output B will come out on pin 5."

I understand how the modification is to be carried out but I am confused as to the values of the components to be used.

I purchased the MK-Pullup kit, which came with 1K and 470K resistors, none of these match the specifications outlined in the guide.

Can you clarify things for me?
Factor9RB25DET
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Miata ignition mod

Post by Factor9RB25DET »

Please give further details on the guide you are following.. is this from DIY?
Also, have you obtained the answer you are looking for?
Russbif
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Miata ignition mod

Post by Russbif »

Sorry for the delay, yes, its all sorted now..