Change PWM output X-axis?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Change PWM output X-axis?

Post by TheSilverBuick »

I'm wanting to control an electric water pump speed via a PWM output and appropriate solid state relay (I've been running it with a simple ON/OFF output for two years), and when looking at the PWM options, it looks like the X-axis is fixed on RPM. Is there a way to change that?

I'd prefer Engine Load and Coolant Temp for the two axis', as those are the two variables I'm using in the ON/OFF output setting. It doesn't matter what the rpm is, just what the engine temp is and engine load to get preemptive extra cooling going before the combustion heat really pours on. RPM can be used, just not preferable. Thanks.

MS3/3x.
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Change PWM output X-axis?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I know that's not what you're asking but since the MS3 is currently limited to an RPM x-axis, you might be interested to know that the TinyIOx (and full sized IOx) allows you to choose any variable from the MS3 or TinyIOx for either the x or y-axis.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Change PWM output X-axis?

Post by TheSilverBuick »

That IS good to know, I was just looking at one two days ago :D
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!