Need help with can egt readings

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

no bottle
MS/Extra Newbie

Need help with can egt readings

Post by no bottle »

I have a ms3 pro with diy's beta ls1 harness with 1.4.1 firmware and a can-egt box with 8 egt sensors. My issue is my egt logs look nice and smooth until WOT when they become extremely erratic, and soon as I lift off the gas pedal then they go back to smooth again. I don't know if this is a simple issue as far as just needing to turn down the lag factor on the egts (which I cant find on tunerstudio) or if this is a more complex issue that could be grounding or configuration. I just used a screen shot of the log because if i tried to attach a log it said it was to big of a file (its only a 5 minute log of my sd card). Any help is appreciated.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Need help with can egt readings

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I assume your probes have stainless steel braiding on the cables so you could try to connect this to the CAN-EGT ground.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
no bottle
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by no bottle »

Yes they have stainless steel braiding over the egt probe wires. Are you suggesting to ground to braiding?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Not ground to braiding but ground the braiding to the same ground as the CAN-EGT. Simply try to add a wire connecting one of the probes braid to the CAN-EGT screw terminal ground position (keep the ground connection you currently have). If that probe shows improvement, try to connect all the probes.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
no bottle
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by no bottle »

Ok, I will try that. This is probably a stupid question but what is the best way to connect a wire to stainless braiding?