Speedhut Gauges on MS3pro

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

HSPTuned
MS/Extra Newbie

Speedhut Gauges on MS3pro

Post by HSPTuned »

Hey guys, I'm close to wrapping up my install. I just need to get my MPH working correctly.

I plan to use Injector J as my VSS out to the Speedhut MPH.

Speedhut tachometer appeared to be spot on without using any resistors or anything. This is wired directly to the TACH OUT wire on my 24x ls harness

Just wanting to know what I need to do as far as wiring an MPH gauge. I'm only assuming that I need to enable VSS output under Speed and gear sensors and select Pulses per mile and match it to the gauge's setting. I can go from 500 pulses to 250k pulses per mile. So both the MPH gauge and MS3 are adjustable and it appears that it is only a matter of matching pulses? The gauge is advertised as working with any type of wave/pulse.

I'm only posting for help here since I have not seen anyone run normal gauges with MS3pro yet. Any info would be heavily appreciated!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Speedhut Gauges on MS3pro

Post by nathaninwa »

There is an option in micro for vss output as well. I'd recommend that to leave open any outputs you may want later with Pro. I wired my autometer speedo to micro and works great, till about 140mph where it starts to bounce
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
HSPTuned
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by HSPTuned »

the plug and play harness has the extra outputs to do this?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I'm not sure about that, I made my own harness. Maybe the outputs are there, just buried in the harness Look in the vss section to see the what can be used
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Our LSX harness has all unused I/O pins on the MS3-Pro brought out into the "Spare" wiring trunk. Injector Out J is in there.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X