ms3 w/ms3x not connected , help!

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Imdominant
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ms3 w/ms3x not connected , help!

Post by Imdominant »

Today i was swapping a fuel pressure transducer and to get the fuel pressure down (as to not get fuel everywhere, including my eyes) i disconnected the fuel pump relay (-) wire and started the engine... of course as fuel pressure got lower and the engine died. i turned the power off and on to the ms3 a handful of times which would turn on the injectors to give me a "priming pulse" and then i could start it again until it died. repeated this 4-5 times until the fuel pressure read 0 (on my mechanical gauge, btw).

replaced the sensor and went to fire up tuner studio and check and make sure it "zeroed" out (before when it failed it had a -8.9 displayed) , and now i cannot connect tunerstudio to the ms3..

ive tried and tried , i even reloaded the latest firmware (that i was already using ) and nothing.

when i go into communication and enter setup / detect it will find the ms3, display its firmware version. So, i accept and then hit "test port" and it fails every time. it will continue to read not connected.

One clue i have is that it will cycle the fuel pump when i turn it on but it will NOT prime injectors nor run the engine. (suspecting injectors not firing)

ive connected it to a friends using same laptop, same serial cable and everything..

what to do? help???
KW78
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3 w/ms3x not connected , help!

Post by KW78 »

I had a comm isues and weird behavior like you describe while/after working thru some MS issue. Turns out I ran the battery down enough that cranking voltage was below some threshold, even tho the car did crank over.

Connected charger for a bit and normal operations returned.

Worth a try.

Kyle
Imdominant
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3 w/ms3x not connected , help!

Post by Imdominant »

thanks for the reply.. i ended up doing a firmware reload (didnt work) and then i did one with the bootload jumper in place and that did work.

its back up and running now!