Repu won't start.

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

spokanerxdude
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Repu won't start.

Post by spokanerxdude »

Cool I'm on my way to give it a try, had to go in the house and warm up my toes LOL
spokanerxdude
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by spokanerxdude »

Ok ase taper increase didn't help. I raised the AE1 between 40 and 60 kpa and 800 and 2500 RPM's did it using the right mouse click and then increasing 10 point then two more times at 5 points. As you can tell i didn't let the wideband warm up before i started it. It's dark now so I will continue on tomorrow around 230pm pacific time and let you know how things go after it is warmed up. Oh yes here is another msl.
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

The log doesn't show any sync loss this time.

The MAP and RPM is very stable so that makes life easier.

The wideband does appear to start working towards the end showing readings of 16.5 to 18 AFR. Assuming the readings are accurate, the VE does not correlate with how lean it is at that load. It makes me suspect a misfire.

What kind of ignition coils are you using? What order (output pins) do you have them wired?
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
spokanerxdude
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by spokanerxdude »

do you think that the wideband would be having problem because it is 6 to 8 inches away from the end of an open header.
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

spokanerxdude wrote:do you think that the wideband would be having problem because it is 6 to 8 inches away from the end of an open header.
If there was a leak upstream, I'd be concerned. Once the engine is moving air, the O2 sensor is not likely to read ambient air but I won't say it's not a possibility.

I've used O2 probes in the rear of tailpipes on cars on the dyno (O2 sensor in its own 3/4" pipe with a 2' flex section). At idle on 3" exhausts, we'd sometimes read leaner than the on-board sensor but cars with dinky 2" or smaller exhausts read identically. Once we were at WOT, the size of the exhaust no longer mattered as the amount of airflow was so great.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
spokanerxdude
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by spokanerxdude »

CRSTune wrote:
spokanerxdude wrote:do you think that the wideband would be having problem because it is 6 to 8 inches away from the end of an open header.
If there was a leak upstream, I'd be concerned. Once the engine is moving air, the O2 sensor is not likely to read ambient air but I won't say it's not a possibility.

I've used O2 probes in the rear of tailpipes on cars on the dyno (O2 sensor in its own 3/4" pipe with a 2' flex section). At idle on 3" exhausts, we'd sometimes read leaner than the on-board sensor but cars with dinky 2" or smaller exhausts read identically. Once we were at WOT, the size of the exhaust no longer mattered as the amount of airflow was so great.
Ok hoping to get it to the muffler shop tomorrow, then will get down to the business of tuning. LOL