Car starts but dies, after loading the newest type gauge das

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

eMTea
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Car starts but dies, after loading the newest type gauge das

Post by eMTea »

Ok, weirdest thing happened today.
I updated my MS3X from pre1.2rc1 (OLD!) to 1.4.1.
TS recommended to have the current project and tune loaded while doing the update, so was done.
Alot of warnings when loading tune, checked every page and was happy, started the car, ran fine, but indicated "not synced".
I found it very strange, since the car idled smoothly, and had no issues revving.

After a few hours I found out that I wanted to update the dashboard of tunerstudio, replace the old gauges with the newer design.
After that update, the car won't run. It starts, but stops the second after, and fire off a charge in the exhaust.

Can not for the life of me figure out what can cause this.

BTW, with the new dash, it syncs nicely during cranking.
-MS3X, (V3 PCB) 1.2 RC 1 firmware. Controlling a light modified Audi 1.8TQ AEB 20v engine with Holset HE221W turbo, 299.4 HP and 400Nm at the hubs in Dynapack.
eMTea
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Car starts but dies, after loading the newest type gauge

Post by eMTea »

Here is a log of a start attempt.
-MS3X, (V3 PCB) 1.2 RC 1 firmware. Controlling a light modified Audi 1.8TQ AEB 20v engine with Holset HE221W turbo, 299.4 HP and 400Nm at the hubs in Dynapack.
eMTea
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by eMTea »

Since ALOT has happened in the FW since my initial pre1.2rc1, to the 1.4.1, I'm just going to start a new bare project with the MS3 1.4.1 base tune, and transfer all my settings manually.
Just opening tunerstudio side by side and check every setting. Thought it would be a good idea to start fresh.
keithmac
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by keithmac »

That's the best idea after a major firmware and software update.
Squirted VW GTI 16vG60 mk2