MSPNPPRO 9900 VE & AF Table Switch wire connection

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MarcoB72
MS/Extra Newbie

MSPNPPRO 9900 VE & AF Table Switch wire connection

Post by MarcoB72 »

Hi
Let me introduce myself: I’m an automotive engineer who recently bought an MSPNPPRO for MAZDA MX5
(MIATA) 99-00 1.6l (European Left Hand Drive version).
The ECU and the software are terrific. I’ve never seen something so effective (and cost-effective) for tuning
a street car.
I’ve already installed an EATON M62 (from an old Mercedes SLK) supercharger and the whole package is
performing very well (at least @ 0.8 bar of boost…).
My only problem is the very loud noise coming from the intake and compressor. Therefore I’ve decided to
take the chance to use the M62 electric clutch and engage it only when I need extra-power.
I don’t want to bore you describing all the car set-up: my only problem is controlling the dual table routine
of the ECU firmware (mainly for AF and VE) by means of a switch.
I know it is possible, but I need only to confirm the right wire harness connection.
Pict1.JPG

In the picture you can see what I understood from MS3 and MSPRO documentation. Is it right?
Do I need a fuse and/or a resistor along the line?
Which kind of ground do I need? Vehicle Frame is OK, or “sensor ground” pin A is better?
Sorry, but I can’t find so much documentation for MSPNPPRO 9900 regarding hardware wiring, which is a little
bit different compared to MS3 PRO…
Thank you.
MarcoB72
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MSPNPPRO 9900 VE & AF Table Switch wire connection

Post by MarcoB72 »

MarcoB72 wrote:Hi
Let me introduce myself: I’m an automotive engineer who recently bought an MSPNPPRO for MAZDA MX5
(MIATA) 99-00 1.6l (European Left Hand Drive version).
The ECU and the software are terrific. I’ve never seen something so effective (and cost-effective) for tuning
a street car.
I’ve already installed an EATON M62 (from an old Mercedes SLK) supercharger and the whole package is
performing very well (at least @ 0.8 bar of boost…).
My only problem is the very loud noise coming from the intake and compressor. Therefore I’ve decided to
take the chance to use the M62 electric clutch and engage it only when I need extra-power.
I don’t want to bore you describing all the car set-up: my only problem is controlling the dual table routine
of the ECU firmware (mainly for AF and VE) by means of a switch.
I know it is possible, but I need only to confirm the right wire harness connection.
Pict1.JPG

In the picture you can see what I understood from MS3 and MSPRO documentation. Is it right?
Do I need a fuse and/or a resistor along the line?
Which kind of ground do I need? Vehicle Frame is OK, or “sensor ground” pin A is better?
Sorry, but I can’t find so much documentation for MSPNPPRO 9900 regarding hardware wiring, which is a little
bit different compared to MS3 PRO…
Thank you.
Sorry, I realize today I made a little mistake, for MSPNPPRO 9900 the designated line for the switch is Digital In 4: the picture itself is OK but the right pin is "O", not "M", the questions however are still valid.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MSPNPPRO 9900 VE & AF Table Switch wire connection

Post by Matt Cramer »

No resistors are needed. Sensor ground is best, although you can USUALLY get away with frame ground.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X