MS3Pro - AEMNet Wideband CANBUS Support

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: MS3Pro - AEMNet Wideband CANBUS Support

Post by jsmcortina »

Every manufacturer is different.
The problem here is that "Megasquirt-CAN' is non standard and incompatible.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Sounds like we should change that and the supporting devices like can egt, etc.
Not like original MS firmware is ever used or recommended.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

My last major purchase will be my driveshaft to get racing started, then I'll be buying the aem setup, so if any hardware or software needs tested, or even the actual unit mailed for actual testing, count me in
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Z32 TT
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Z32 TT »

So can I confirm that if I purchase a aem 30-0300 it will communicate with ms3x over can. I don’t have any other things using can.

About to pull trigger on one
SamS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by SamS »

Could I get a little hand holding on this? I connected my AEM CANH and CANL wires to the CANH and CANL on the optional connector on my MSPNP Pro, then turned CAN broadcasting off and in the CAN settings set Fetch EGO Data to AEM X UEGO, but it's just reading full rich constantly. Is there another setting I'm missing?
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by chips60bug »

Bringing this one back to life. I am pulling the Megaspartan out of the car. We weren't able to get it to play nice with the pressure comp stuff like had been hoped. No point in having the unit in there if it won't do that, so its getting shelved. I have purchased an AEM 4ch unit, and will be getting that installed once it and all of the sensors arrive. I also have a current JBperf CAN device in use and would prefer to keep it there. I can use it for the 4 analog channels needed, worst case. I would love to find a way to get everyone to play nicely with each other though. Has anyone successfully pulled it off? James mentioned that he was working on a solution, has anything come of that? I would really like this to work somehow!
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

While technically possible, I haven't looked into any CAN converter products.

However, I do have a beta MS3 firmware that can receive 11bit broadcasts from the CANEGT. That requires special firmware for the CANEGT also. That firmware has been available for a long while, but as far as I'm aware JBperf is still waiting for testing feedback from distributors so the release is not yet "official".

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

jsmcortina wrote:However, I do have a beta MS3 firmware that can receive 11bit broadcasts from the CANEGT. That requires special firmware for the CANEGT also. That firmware has been available for a long while, but as far as I'm aware JBperf is still waiting for testing feedback from distributors so the release is not yet "official".
Actually, the CAN-EGT is now provided with the new firmware that has this 11 bit broadcast option. It is not the option set by default (since the MS3 firmware is not yet available) and the s19 for it is not on the DIYAutotune web site yet for upgrading older units but it is now the "official" version.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by chips60bug »

racingmini_mtl wrote:
jsmcortina wrote:However, I do have a beta MS3 firmware that can receive 11bit broadcasts from the CANEGT. That requires special firmware for the CANEGT also. That firmware has been available for a long while, but as far as I'm aware JBperf is still waiting for testing feedback from distributors so the release is not yet "official".
Actually, the CAN-EGT is now provided with the new firmware that has this 11 bit broadcast option. It is not the option set by default (since the MS3 firmware is not yet available) and the s19 for it is not on the DIYAutotune web site yet for upgrading older units but it is now the "official" version.

Jean
Is similar firmware available for your IOx box?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

chips60bug wrote:
racingmini_mtl wrote:

Jean
Is similar firmware available for your IOx box?
Due to the number of different options which require CAN communications to go in both directions (not just EGT data to MS3 (or MS2)), it wouldn't be possible to have the exact same thing. There is a CAN broadcast option but it is somewhat rudimentary and needs to be updated to a more practical and user-friendly setup. Having said that, it would be possible to use it for EGT and AFR data transfer from the IOx to the MS3 once the new MS3 version James mentioned is available; it can also be used to transfer ADC data in the current MS3 version.

For more details, we can continue this conversation either in the expansion board section on this forum or on my forum.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum