Transfering MS2Extra calibration to MS3

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Transfering MS2Extra calibration to MS3

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,
i'am currently in the process of upgrading my current MS2 to MS3.
I guess i figured out a way, but i want to confirm which is the best method to transfer an existing MS2Extra calibration to the latest MS3 firmware.

Also i would ask how stable the alpha and beta development releases of MS3 are compared to the MS2Extra alpha or beta releases?

Thanks and Best regards
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Transfering MS2Extra calibration to MS3

Post by prof315 »

:RTFM:
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

mrx79 wrote:Also i would ask how stable the alpha and beta development releases of MS3 are compared to the MS2Extra alpha or beta releases?
Do you have a good reason to use the development releases? Most customers should be using the stable "release" firmwares.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

Hallo,
thanks Matt, just for confirmation
You can mostly load your MS2/Extra 2.1.0 tune into MS3 1.3.x
this means, setting up an MS3 project, then open the old MS2 calibration in this project, solve maybe some warnings and save it back to file?!
If so, i did exactly that... just wanted to be sure if this was the right/best way to do it.

@James: If the beta's have new features, latest bugfixes i would use them, also maybe to contribute in testing and reporting issues.
If they are very experimental, i would you a stable version, but in MS2/extra i was runing well with the betas and alphas and i thought the developers would appreciate testing.
As i work in this industry, i think i know what i'am into when using alpha or beta releases (don't expect a 100% error free system, etc.).
Just wanted to know if the level of stability is more or less similar to the MS2 development branch. (of course this will vary from release to release and depends on the amount of changes of course, so just a very general question).

Thanks
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors