Question about update the firmware

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

LeBaldii
MS/Extra Newbie

Question about update the firmware

Post by LeBaldii »

Hi everyone! Its my first post here but I read the forum more than 1 year, so till now I don't have any doubt how to use my MS3X... but now I have one question... but first let me introduce my project

I'm from Brazil, and here we have a Fiat Marea Turbo, with the 2.0 20v turbo originary used on Fiat Coupe 20vt, my car now have internals forjed, national frankstain turbo (Master Power "R5658") and Siemens Deka 80lb runing on Ethanol 100%

So... its runs perfectly! But my currectly firmware version is a bit old :roll: ... using a PRE 1.3 BETA 12 :mrgreen: ... so i want to update to a new one... but now comes the problem... who sold me this MS3 last yer told me to do not update with the MS3 plugged in on my car, because its very dangerous... but my problem is the location of the ECU... have a lot of plastic parts to disassembly... but Normaly I use the Bluetooth and the USB I stay connected there... and now is the question: Can I update the firmware direct in my car, using the USB? Or its really a bad idea trust only with the battery car? (It is ok, by the way)

Thank all you so much, and sorry for some bad words :roll:
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Question about update the firmware

Post by nathaninwa »

It's not a problem updating in the car. It's done all the time. The key is to unhook power from the coils and injectoes. These signal wires can trigger randomly till the new msq is loaded. So unhook the fused power or disconnect the coils and injectors directly

You'll be updating quite a bit. Be sure to save your current msq, update TS to the latest and load the current release firmware. In the firmware file, be sure to read the notes section, as there maybe some idle and baro correction settings that will need attention when loading the saved msq
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
LeBaldii
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Question about update the firmware

Post by LeBaldii »

nathaninwa wrote:It's not a problem updating in the car. It's done all the time. The key is to unhook power from the coils and injectoes. These signal wires can trigger randomly till the new msq is loaded. So unhook the fused power or disconnect the coils and injectors directly

You'll be updating quite a bit. Be sure to save your current msq, update TS to the latest and load the current release firmware. In the firmware file, be sure to read the notes section, as there maybe some idle and baro correction settings that will need attention when loading the saved msq
Uhm... interesting :twisted:

I have a Wideband ODG too... its good plug off too? Or this have no problem?

The notes I alreddy see :)