how to set up narrow band O2 in MS3

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

how to set up narrow band O2 in MS3

Post by Keithg »

I am running a very old version of MS3. Been running it for a long time with no issues. Well, my LC1 died and I ordered a spartan from 14point7.com. In the mean time, I want to run my old narrow band. I have forgotten just about everything it has been so long. Been running WB closed loop for since MS1 in 2005, so I have not looked at this in 10 years.

I set it up as 'narrow band' and rebooted the MS. Then I set it up as 'simple' and ran it like that. Woah - way rich. Using MSDroid it shows the EGO gage going all rich and hanging there. Something is not right. What am I missing? Did a few searches here and on the mega manual and there does not seem to be a succinct instruction on how to set up a narrow band O2 sensor to make it work with MS3.

KeithG
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: how to set up narrow band O2 in MS3

Post by whittlebeast »

If you have a single wire o2 sensor, make sure that it is switching between about 0 and 1 volt when the motor is warmed up and the o2 is not connected to anything.

Andy
Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: how to set up narrow band O2 in MS3

Post by Keithg »

Problem resolved. The problem was a bad ground. I am using an adapter to my OEM harness and somewhere in the OEM harness, my signal ground goes 'open'. I was able to find it because it went totally open - no function at all. It must've been a high impedance through an internal harness connection of some sort because both ends look good at this point. Power ground was/is solid, just no signal ground. Pulled a new ground through for signal and all better. LC-1 was suspect, but in the end was probably OK. I'll check that later, but for now the NB is working fine.

KeithG