1JZGTE MS3x timing problems & wont rev past 2500rpm

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cardelino18
MS/Extra Newbie

1JZGTE MS3x timing problems & wont rev past 2500rpm

Post by cardelino18 »

Hello peeps!

So i am new to this forum, i have an mk3 supra with a 1jzgte motor on a ms3x standalone. I got the car to turn on and idle good with no sync loss, but i am having a couple of problems right now. I am currently at work, so i wont be able to post a log or anything as of right now, but this are my problems. any help would be really appreciated!

1) ive tried to set base timing with a timing light, i physically redid my timing and everything is lined up. Problem im having is that at the beginning, my timing was off about 85 degrees, switched polarities on my crank sensor and it helped out to get it down to about 23 degrees. but im still off by 23! could this be something on the settings of the ms3x?

2) i got the car to idle steady a good. but the car wont revv pass ~2400rpm due to a sync loss (tach dies & on the composite logger i see sync loss at that point). Ive tried to play with the POTs, but i just cant seem to get it to revv pass 2400rpm. What else could this be?

thank you in advance!
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: 1JZGTE MS3x timing problems & wont rev past 2500rpm

Post by CRSTune »

Is the engine VVTI or non-VVTI?

You can adjust the ignition offset in the software. Lock the timing in the software (under Fixed Advance), time the engine with a timing light, and adjust the offset as necessary.
Ignition Settings -> Ignition Options/Wheel Decoder -> Tooth #1 Angle (deg BTDC)

You may need to either adjust the pots or add a resistor to the crank signal wire to fix the sync loss. Can you post a trigger log?
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
cardelino18
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cardelino18 »

i will post the log tonight after work. its a non VVTI motor.

thank you for the timing help, i will try that tonight as well if i get a chance. i added a resistor on r57 (if i remember correctly) on the board. that helped out with the major sync loss i was having prior to adding the resistor. i guess ill keep playing around with the pots. i am going to post the log tho, i would like to know which pot i should play with.
Idodrifting
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Idodrifting »

Not sure you'll see this as it has been quite awhile, but I'm having similar problem. Idle and timing is all good, but won't REV past 2500 cause its losing sync. I've messed with the o\pots a little but have not added a resistor yet. What ended up solving your sync loss?