Elusive AE

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

GUMMBALL
MS/Extra Newbie

Elusive AE

Post by GUMMBALL »

First issue for discussion is engine running condition form one day to the next. Monday the engine ran well, with exception of AE. Today (Wednesday) the engine is running lean. After running "Tune for you" from idle up to 4.5k I interpolated up. Reason for this, better rich than lean until I could do a proper data log. Difference between Mon and Wed. Mon 20/25 deg and 20% humid. Wed 50/60 deg and 60/70% humid. Temperature should be handled with IAT sensor. Humidity ?

Is there always going to be a lean spike on fast accel?

Data log is of an upward incline in 4th gear (1:1). Each tip-in is followed by pinging (when its not pinging its hesitating). I've been dancing around this issue for weeks. More fuel, less fuel, AE on, AE off. More advance, less advance. Nothing I do or adjust gets me any positive results. What am I missing?

Motor is fed by two (2) two inch (2") throttle/carb bodies.
Injectors are in front of(before)the throttle plates.
No vacuum reference on FPR
I have installed positive stops on the throttle plates. Plates are fully closed at idle.
Idle is controlled by air by-pass ports built into the throttle/carb bodies. Originally used for smooth idle control.
Throttle linkage is mechanical (no cable) from pedal to balance bar between throttle/carb bodies.
Throttle movement is EXTREMELY fast. Very little throttle movement is required for acceleration.

Look over the attachments and let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Gary
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Elusive AE

Post by CRSTune »

You have x-tau AE enabled which is going to probably cause the headaches you're having. Turn it off until you have the engine tuned.

Yes, you're likely going to go momentarily lean on AE, but not normally to the point that it hesitates.

Are you using a vacuum referenced FPR? You have your fuel pump control set to fixed pressure.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Elusive AE

Post by whittlebeast »

You have too much AE. Way too much.