MS3 Output Based on Voltage?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3 Output Based on Voltage?

Post by goodysgotacuda »

Am I able to have a digital output based on Battery Voltage somewhere? I may be looking in the wrong area. :?

I would like to ground an LED based on voltage too high/too low, if possible.
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 Output Based on Voltage?

Post by CRSTune »

What firmware are you on? I'm able to select it with the current release firmware.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by goodysgotacuda »

CRSTune wrote:What firmware are you on? I'm able to select it with the current release firmware.

Thanks, I am actually just working with the MS3 example project right now as I have not finished my harness yet [due to various pending topics like this]. I also do not have the available Alternator control section either, which I assume is due to the same issue.

Also, would you just change the X-axis to 0v-20v? I'm not sure why it's showing as engine speed when you have BattVoltage selected.

The example project shows to be the following, is there any way I can work around in the latest firmware without an ECU hooked up?

EDIT, I was able to update it. Thanks-
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

Alternator control is in newer firmware.

Battery Voltage is selected as the load axis. On the 2D table, that's the Y axis so you would have an RPM vs BattV table. You can also select a 1D curve instead in which case the load axis is the only axis.

It sounds like you just want a simpler On/Off output. I'd probably just select a "Programmable On/Off Output" instead if you don't need anything fancy. It's located just above the "Generic PWM Output" selections on the "Advanced Engine" tab.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug