IQ3+MS3 Advanced broadcasting

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

IQ3+MS3 Advanced broadcasting

Post by aidandj »

The basic Racepak IQ3 setup just uses the small Dash broadcasting subset, which only includes 2 general sensors. But I would like to send more than that.

Does anyone have any experience with the "User Configured" ECU type with Racepak, or any other way to transfer more than 2 general sensors?
acedeuce802
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: IQ3+MS3 Advanced broadcasting

Post by acedeuce802 »

I asked DIYautotune this question a few weeks back, and they said the IQ3 only supports the simplified dash broadcast.
aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aidandj »

Thats a real bummer. Going to contact racepak and see what they say about the "User configured ECU type"
aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aidandj »

I dug through some more config files. It looks really easy to add or edit existing CAN parameters for megasquirt. When my racepak arrives (courtesy of acedeuce802 above) I will save some of these changes I've made and see what I can make happen.
aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aidandj »

Figured out how to do this last night.

http://www.miataturbo.net/megasquirt-18 ... how-91964/
aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aidandj »

One thing I did notice was that a few of the sensors were flipping from the values displayed to some negative value. Kind of flashing. This is on a board that has no sensors actually connected (just bench testing) so I'm hopeful that is the issue. But I'm wondering if this is a known issue. I'll try and take some videos later.