interfacing Megasquirt 3 with arduino

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Aemad
MS/Extra Newbie

interfacing Megasquirt 3 with arduino

Post by Aemad »

Good day guys,
I am working on a project with megasquirt 3 , I have MegaSquirt-III EMS System with MS3X Expansion V3.57 – Assembled Unit
At the beginning I was interfacing the ECU using its Can broadcast feature then unfortunately something happened and the ECU isn't sending anything on the bus anymore
I am working on solving this Can bus-problem but I am quite short on time so I was asking if I can receive RPM , cooling temperature and battery voltage readings serially with the RS232 cable or any other way either than Can bus

Thanks in advance,
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: interfacing Megasquirt 3 with arduino

Post by grom_e30 »

i have pulled data off a ms3 over serial with an arduino you will need a rs232 to ttl adapter to do this and you can only use one device on the serial so arduinio or laptop so its not ideal.

can is a better solution though as you can use the serial port at the same time. are you sure the can settings are correct? as it seems odd that the can just stopped working.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Aemad
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: interfacing Megasquirt 3 with arduino

Post by Aemad »

grom_e30
yeah it is really weird I admit I checked the DB9 connector, the can harness, the shield and even the code but everything seems to be working I am thinking of the Can hardware itself inside the MS3 but I don't have enough experience to check the hardware inside so I am trying digging up this matter :'D
anyway thanks alot I bought these components and I started working on this project now, I will till you what I will achieve in the end