MS3X with 4L80E controlling EPC only

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

oldskool
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3X with 4L80E controlling EPC only

Post by oldskool »

Hi, I'm looking to put 4L80E into my car, could MS3X operate EPC solenoid only? Trans will be full manual shift with shift solenoids wired into trans manifold pressure switch, lock up controlled with toggle switch, Thanks.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3X with 4L80E controlling EPC only

Post by nathaninwa »

I'm sure you can use the generic pwm tables, but if your full manual have you thought about running fixed line pressure too. All of Jake's valve body's go out like this with a th400 style valve. I'm running one in my race tranny and will be installing one into my tow rigs tranny too
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
oldskool
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3X with 4L80E controlling EPC only

Post by oldskool »

Thanks for reply nathaninwa, I have info how to wire manifold on valve body to activate shift solenoids for manual shift, also grinding land on rev boost valve, plugging a feed hole to keep rev pressure within safe limits. I believe these mods are done when running fixed pressure. I just liked to idea of being able to vary trans pressure according to throttle position/load for a less aggressive shift street driving. Here's a Youtube vid of "drive by wire" throttle with Megasquirt : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCR7CZQZxc&t=5s , if this can be done.......

I understand EPC control would have to be done with a PWM output. Is there an MS3X output that could be used?