flexfuel sensor?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

flexfuel sensor?

Post by ejs262 »

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for...

I noticed in the manual, it only shows the large metal flexfuel sensor, do the large metal flexfuel sensors and the small plastic sensors generate the same signal output? will the small plastic sensor for $300 less produce the same result

small plastic

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal- ... /overview/

big metal

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado- ... /overview/

Thanks-

Eric
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: flexfuel sensor?

Post by chips60bug »

I have used both. I currently run the small plastic one. There are a ton of variations based on it. It works really well. I run it on the return line. I have zero complaints.
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

chips60bug wrote:I have used both. I currently run the small plastic one. There are a ton of variations based on it. It works really well. I run it on the return line. I have zero complaints.

I was planning on the return line, Thank you, you just saved me $300!
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by chips60bug »

It probably has a special keyed connector. The one i got did. I was able to use a delphi gt150 series connector for the job, I either cut the keyway into the harness connector, or just removed the key altogether. Its been a while. Either way, i didn't buy the $20 connector everybody tries to sell for it.
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

I picked up the sensor yesterday, and now have one more question, is it directional for fuel flow? it doesn't look like it, but it's also not labeled in and out...
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by krisr »

My continental isn't direction. Just hook it up however is convenient is all I did
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
MS3X Sequentially fuelled 400 Pontiac
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

krisr wrote:My continental isn't direction. Just hook it up however is convenient is all I did

Awesome, thanks, the sensor I picked up was a continental!
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

Most are a 50-150Hz (0-100% Ethanol) signal but just in case, know that there are some out there that run 50-125Hz so double check the first few tank with the old school graduated cylinder tester! I thought only the Fords were like that but know of at least one person who found a Continental like that.