Engine starts, but stalls right away, even with throttle

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Felipe.Silveira
MS/Extra Newbie

Engine starts, but stalls right away, even with throttle

Post by Felipe.Silveira »

Hi guys,

I have two identical MS3 V3.57. One is working just fine, I'm running it on a CBR600 RR engine, full sequential, using many features... absolutely no problem.

But with the other (which, again, is identical) I'm having some odd problem that I haven't been able to identify. Even though I'm using the same harness, same tune file, same firmware, same project, same everything, the engine starts, runs for a few seconds and stalls. If I try to throttle, it stalls right away. By analysing the log, I couldn't find any obvious reason for this, no misreading by any sensor, or no weird PW or Ign Advance... nothing. The only thing that I noticed is the MAP reading is very wrong, it's reading half of what it should be, but since I'm using alpha-N, I don't see why it should be a problem, I'm gonna try to calibrate the MAP and see...

I have checked the boards for any aparent problem, but I didn't find anything. I have also checked the pots R52 and R56 too, even though I'm not losing sync, they are set similarly to the MS3 that's working.

I think I'm facing a hardware problem. I was wondering if anybody could give me a hint on where else to look. Is there anyway I could test the ECU to see if the right signals are coming to the sensors and actuators?

Please, find attached my msq and a log of when the problem happens.
Thanks a lot!
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Engine starts, but stalls right away, even with throttle

Post by AbatelliCristian »

You have varius problem. AFR value is incorrect, map value is incorrect (you use multiplymap and the value of the map is important). You have lost sync (use composite log for analisy)
Felipe.Silveira
MS/Extra Newbie

AbatelliCristian wrote:you use multiplymap and the value of the map is important
Yes, when I went to bed reflecting on this, I was wondering that, I'm going to test it, but it makes total sense. Strange thing is that I don't have a secondary load, that's why I didn't think that was the problem. But still, I'm going to switch to 'don't multiply' and try to calibrate map.
Thanks in advance.
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbatelliCristian »

the first problem is the lostsync. You can use the composite log for checking
Felipe.Silveira
MS/Extra Newbie

AbatelliCristian
Sorry, I almost forgot to give you a feedback. It was the Map thing, after calibrating it the engine now runs fine. Thank you so much!