MS3x Update to 1.5 Problems

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dookie454
Experienced MS/Extra'er

MS3x Update to 1.5 Problems

Post by Dookie454 »

I tried to update inside Tunerstudio, during update it said I needed to do a complete flash requiring removing the boot jumper thing... of course I didnt do that and hit continue anyway... it said it completed firmware updates, but had lots of errors, but also said it couldnt reload my setttings, no matter how many times I try it cant reload.

So I simply need to reflash and follow all the directions and not skip steps or do I have to do something else?

Error list I got:

26 Warnings:
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:IdleCtl_vss equal to the proposed Standard
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:ego2port equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:idleveadv_to_pid_idleadv equal to the proposed Use normal activation
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:idleveadv_to_pid_idleve equal to the proposed Use normal activation
Warning: logFieldOffset array size does not match the currently loaded configuration,
noSizeMutation set for parameter values transfered to new array size where possible.
Warning: logFieldLength array size does not match the currently loaded configuration,
noSizeMutation set for parameter values transfered to new array size where possible.
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport1 equal to the proposed Normal EGO
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport2 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport3 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport4 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport5 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport6 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport7 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport8 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport9 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport10 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport11 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport12 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport13 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport14 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport15 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: Parameter in .msq, but not valid for current firmware: No options found for Bit EcuParameter:egoport16 equal to the proposed Off
Warning: MSQ Units Mismatch for boost_ctl_load_targets! kPa found in current configuration, % found in MSQ, values were not converted to new units.
Warning: MSQ Units Mismatch for boost_ctl_load_targets2! kPa found in current configuration, % found in MSQ, values were not converted to new units.
Warning: MSQ Units Mismatch for boost_ctl_cl_pwm_targboosts1! kPa found in current configuration, % found in MSQ, values were not converted to new units.
Warning: MSQ Units Mismatch for boost_ctl_cl_pwm_targboosts2! kPa found in current configuration, % found in MSQ, values were not converted to new units.
MS3X on 2010 Camaro LS3 + Whipple @ 10psi + HPT + AEM 30-0333/0334 WB
MS3 Knock Module + JBPerf Dual VR v2.1 (Removed), didnt play well with LS3 DBW Motor, works for VSS.
OLD: 1997 Chevy Z71 Vortec 350, + BOSCH 0261231036 WB Knock Sensor
OLD: LT1 TA 700hp + MS3X
Dookie454
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3x Update to 1.5 Problems

Post by Dookie454 »

well it fixed itself at exactly the point where I short the Boot Jumper and powered it up... after I shorted that, then restarted Tunerstudio it wouldnt connect at all, so I disconnected the boot jumper then Tunerstudio showed me the differences screen which it always did (had too try to reload to get to the FIrmware Loader option), but this time when I loaded Tunerstudio Settings, it took them and no Serial Communication error.

I reloaded the firmware again with the boot jumper shorted anyway just to be sure, but nothing seemed to change after that.

Strange.
MS3X on 2010 Camaro LS3 + Whipple @ 10psi + HPT + AEM 30-0333/0334 WB
MS3 Knock Module + JBPerf Dual VR v2.1 (Removed), didnt play well with LS3 DBW Motor, works for VSS.
OLD: 1997 Chevy Z71 Vortec 350, + BOSCH 0261231036 WB Knock Sensor
OLD: LT1 TA 700hp + MS3X