VE table adjustment and varying weather conditions

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

joshclifford84
MS/Extra Newbie

VE table adjustment and varying weather conditions

Post by joshclifford84 »

Is it common practice to tune the entire VE table within a single day? I have been making adjustments to the VE table and weather conditions have varied greatly during my time tuning. I was assuming the IAT is taken into consideration when I make a change to the VE table so that it scales appropriately. I am finding the VE I set last summer was not sufficient during the winter.

I am thinking I need to tune entire VE for a given ambient weather settings. Then use the IAT scaling to make the corrections for temperature?
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VE table adjustment and varying weather conditions

Post by ol boy »

In sort.. yes, you have it right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Agreed. I did this a few summers ago. Ambient day was 65*, I went for a well sorted drive in all sorts of conditions for about 3 hours in the early afternoon

Noted on the iat correction table that 65* was hinging point. As it got warmer I fixed the air correction till I was 100% ego, and the same with winter temps. I'm happy say year round my tune is within 5% ego all the time now
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
joshclifford84
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by joshclifford84 »

Thanks for the replies. I got lucky couple weeks ago and it hit almost 70F here in central ny. I re-tuned VE in that day and it seems to have improved. It's now back to winter weather and I'm very happy with how its running now. Just for reference, I'm running MS3X on 13' genesis with GM IAT mounted in the IC pipe right before the TB. Again, thank you for your replies.