Anyone used GM knock sensors?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MalcolmV8
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Anyone used GM knock sensors?

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I'm wanting to implement dual knock sensors with the MS3. I saw they did the testing with a Bosch sensor 0 261 231 008 which seems to be factory on a lot of Porsches from googling.

My prior stand alone knock box used GM AC Delco sensor 12623730. They are simple and cheap. $10 a sensor. I'd like to use those sensors again since I know they fit my car and more importantly I know they work well on my car in picking up knock.

Any reason they would not work? or has anyone tested similar? Here's a link to them

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-213-1576

Thanks
Malcolm
DLRacing
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Anyone used GM knock sensors?

Post by DLRacing »

That's what's on my LS3.
I haven't gotten far enough along to even think about the knock sensor setup, but I'm interested in this as well.

David
MalcolmV8
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by MalcolmV8 »

As cheap as they are I'm moving forward with getting them installed and setup. Unless someone chimes in with new info we'll see how these work.
DLRacing
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DLRacing »

MalcolmV8 wrote:As cheap as they are I'm moving forward with getting them installed and setup. Unless someone chimes in with new info we'll see how these work.
What engine and setup are you running?
I'd be very interested in what you end up with for the knock sensor settings, particularly if you're running an LS variant. :mrgreen:
MalcolmV8
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I have a 5.3 turbo setup I'm working on in another project but this one I'm referring to is a built 4.6 mod motor with a TVS blower on it.
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

those are the knock sensors my car will be running here shortly once I finisht the MS3x install. they were stock on my car's engine (06 G6 Gt 3.5 V6)
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."