VVT table switching?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ianferrell
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VVT table switching?

Post by ianferrell »

I'm tuning an endurance race car with a mspnp pro on an 01 miata VVT motor. I would like to be able to run a second 'economy' mode that runs a less aggressive VVT profile to limit power out of the car and save fuel... I.e. a separate VVT table that is less advanced and makes less torque tuned on a separate ve and ign tables. I see where I can easily switch the ve and ign part, but don't see any way to switch the VVT table. The drivers mostly shift the car early, 5k-6k rpm (for engine longevity and mileage) so this isn't a question of top end power but rather mid range torque, which the VVT effects quite a bit. Fuel management is a pretty big concern as the team chooses to stretch pit stops as far as possible to win races not on out right speed but instead taking less 10 minute fuel stops, etc.

So are there any tricks I'm missing or am I just silly for wanting to do this? As a secondary gimmicky feature, is there an elegant way to setup a pit speed switch? I think I could probably use launch control to limit RPMs on a switch as we don't need launch control, just wondering if anyone else is doing this or anything.

Thanks