Issues with v1.5, Engine States and AEMnet CANbus - bug?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ridethecliche
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Issues with v1.5, Engine States and AEMnet CANbus - bug?

Post by ridethecliche »

David_G wrote:Yes, #1 and #2 got fixed by the beta.
Your problems looks more like a tune error to me instead of a firmware issue.

1)
Your Initial closed-loop idle duty is far to high because after letting off the throttle, RPMs rise up to 3500rpm and CL-Idle has to bring the RPM all back down to 850.

2)
The idle valve opening directly after letting off the throttle is caused by the "idle valve close delay" setting. You let your idle valve close completely when pressing the throttle, so when letting off the throttle it has to open again with the values of the "Closed loop initial values" table.

Tune your closed-loop initial values to stop the rapid RPM increase after letting off the throttle.
Thank you! I was trying to tune things from what I knew about 1.4.x so the engine states info was totally lost on me when I accepted the prompted update. Needs some more work, but now I don't feel like my car is possessed!

Thanks again!
David_G
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by David_G »

You're welcome!

What I described has'nt got anything to do with the engine states though
ridethecliche
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ridethecliche »

David_G wrote:You're welcome!

What I described has'nt got anything to do with the engine states though
Haha sorry for taking over your thread. I have one going in the general support forum as well. But in short, I posted my response to you above after fixing that issue and running into an oscillating idle due to slow acceleration and deceleration triggering when hunting for idle and causing said oscillation. I had to compensate by increasing the slow accel/decel numbers to 3-5x the values I had obtained from logs to fix things from swinging that wildly.

In any event, take a look there if you get a chance. Sorry again for taking over. I didn't realize my posts needed to be approved when I first joined and I posted in a few places because nothing I was posting was going through. Whoops!