Subaru EZ30D setup

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

curry.style
MS/Extra Newbie

Subaru EZ30D setup

Post by curry.style »

I've built an MS3X kit and wired it up to my 2001 Subaru EZ30D engine in a 96 Outback. When cranking the car I'm getting intermittent sync loss on the crank sensor and no readings at all on the cam sensor. I switched the setup for batch fire (at least I think I did) and still am not able to get the car to start. I've attached my msq and log from the datalog for your review. Is there something I'm missing here? How can I combat the lost sync? I think that's where most of my issues with it not starting on batch are coming from. Thanks in advance for any help!
startup3.msl
wabisabi.msq
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Subaru EZ30D setup

Post by billr »

I'll take the easy stuff... your MAP sensor is way off, check the calibration being used for that. The "req_fuel" value is way off, use the calculated value. Battery voltage is way low. Confirm that is really so with a meter, then correct by charging or replacing the battery.

Sorry, I can't help any with the lost sync, and that is a basic problem that must be resolved.
curry.style
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by curry.style »

billr wrote:I'll take the easy stuff... your MAP sensor is way off, check the calibration being used for that. The "req_fuel" value is way off, use the calculated value. Battery voltage is way low. Confirm that is really so with a meter, then correct by charging or replacing the battery.

Sorry, I can't help any with the lost sync, and that is a basic problem that must be resolved.
Thanks for that. I'll recalculate the required fuel and see what I can find on the MAP sensor.

I knew the battery was low after cranking so I did throw it on the charger. Do you think that would have any effect on the crank sync as well?
curry.style
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by curry.style »

I don't know if this will help or not, but here is my composite log screenshot just now from trying to start it again along with the updated msq. I think I'm going to try adjusting the pots.
CrankingComposite.jpg
wabisabi.msq