Battery Calibration

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Battery Calibration

Post by Bmettie »

I changed my wiring so the ECU is now on the same circuit as the injectors/coils. It was setup in a stock toyota form, injectors/coils off the ignition switch and the ECU off a separate circuit. Well I fixed it and I found that after I fixed the calibration I had to add a bunch of fuel to get the idle AFR where it should be. My question is when changing the battery calibration what would I expect to have to change in the settings to correct anything the battery calibration changed? Should I be looking at something else?

Thanks
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Battery Calibration

Post by Bmettie »

can anyone help me here?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Give us some more info...
:msq:
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

Are you asking how to physically wire the mega-squirt or how to calibrate the battery voltage?
92 Dakota Work in progress (ms3x)
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

Car is already tuned. I had it wired with separate circuits. Injectors and coils on one circuit and the ECU on another. I rewired it so the ECU is on the same circuit as the injectors and coils. after I fixed the battery calibration I had to put in a bunch of fuel at idle.

when changing the battery calibration what would one expect to have to tune out on an already tuned vehicle?
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

There is a mechanism for compensating the time the injectors are open based on the voltage seen by mega-squirt. The whole VE table would need touch up because the ms sees a different voltage and is opening the injectors longer or shorter to compensate. That would be expected. In edition the alternator voltage will also be expected to be different. Basically any calculations that are based on battery voltage will need to be checked. The intended operation of this I believe is to help open the injectors longer when the voltage is low because they will open slower.

I am new to all this and only have a few months experience dealing with mega-squirt. Can someone correct me or give me an "Atta Boy"
92 Dakota Work in progress (ms3x)
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Yep you are right AlanJ. But it is more about the changing dead time of the injector vs voltage and coil dwell vs voltage. I am still trying to see the merit in putting the ecu on the most chopped up and noisiest supply on the vehicle....
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

ok so it sounds like the whole ve table is going to need a touch up. Thanks guys