flex blending questions

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

flex blending questions

Post by ashford »

im am looking to set up flex fuel on a car using 1.5.1b1. my 1st time installing a flex sensor and i am getting awfully confused with some of the settings.
what i want to do is run the car in maf mode(vvt), have the flex sensor adjust fuel to correct amount using 1 table, then have flex blend afr, spark tables and overboost. ethanol will range from e10- e98.

for scenario 1 there are these settings
under flex settings ther is a setting using flex blend, i enabled it under dual fuel and it remains greyed out, am i doing something wrong or is it only there to report what is set?
i then see that there is afr 1 and 3 then spark 1 and 3 tables available but flexblend state table 1 and 2. is this a typo in the ini or bug? does it actually blend tables 1 and 3 with showing tables 1 and 2 in the graph.
the other issue i see here is spark table 1 is kpa for load(desired) and spark table 3 is mafload(undesired)

for scenario 2 i can enable secondary spark load as speed density and blend those 2 tables and then use dual fuel flexblend for the other 2

which is the correct way?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: flex blending questions

Post by nathaninwa »

Under the flex tab your able to turn it on. Alone on that page you can have it add x timing and fuel based on ethanol percent

The other way, is to enable flex, then under the table switching tabs, go to fuel, spark and ifntion table and enable them with the appropriate blend table funtion. Then under the table switch tab iirc your able to select each table and which function they'll use, in your case it will be flex. Kinda confusing at first, but once enabled you can blend based on ethanol percent between each table
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control