ms3x hardware/software/sensor failure

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

ms3x hardware/software/sensor failure

Post by dll67 »

Had some sort of failure at time stamp 383.291 ... AFR went lean and EGT's on 7 and 8 dropped 400 degrees, Seq PW's all dropped drastically.
Its like my WBO2"s suddenly decided to change calibration?
Here's links to my tune and a datalog ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihsng2g6og7y6 ... 1.msl?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pvszusho19p7 ... 1.msq?dl=0

Thanks for the input ..
Dave
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3x hardware/software/sensor failure

Post by dll67 »

Wanted to come back and update anyone that might have came across this.
Open sensors, as when there unplugged can cause strange errors, problems, symptoms and more.
When I drove the car this morning it ran fine for the first 5 minutes and then suddenly it wanted to run lean, the PW started getting erratic along with several other outputs. When PW starts to move so will MAP,AFR,VE and even SPK if the output swings enough.
So keep those MAT, or any sensor your MS expects to be there, for that matter.

Thanks Again Andy (Whittlebeast)
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3x hardware/software/sensor failure

Post by kaeman »

I had a map sensor fail, it would randomly show 100 kpa... the ecu would try to fuel the wide open throttle it thought was happening. The final time that this happened I was data logging and was able to see the sensor having issues and the engine surge in conjunction with the erratic readings, the engine ran so rich for about 20 seconds while driving down the road that it actually fouled all the plugs and I had to tow the vehicle home.... looked at the data log and found the sensor had just quit reading. Replaced the sensor, never had the problem again. Found out better to pay for the good oe quality sensors, than to risk using the cheaper ones.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.