keep flooding badly

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TicToc
MS/Extra Newbie

keep flooding badly

Post by TicToc »

not sure being a newb what I am doing wrong so far

MS3X 3.57 fuel only, 496 bbc 6-71 blower duel throttle boddie on top of 8 port injector plate 60lb injector 044 pump wired per ms corvett style return per set at 57lbs, check and injectors are no dribbling or leaking everything hooked up other than the idle stepper control. Dumps fuel enough that it ran out of the headers. here's my msq for someone to comment on.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: keep flooding badly

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please also post a data log of what is going on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
TicToc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TicToc »

Matt Cramer wrote:Please also post a data log of what is going on.
other than some chugging it's not ran with the flooding. I will grab the log files though and post them up.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The logs will help us tell if there's some sort of stray setting or sensor reading causing flooding.
TicToc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TicToc »

I did some testing

I connected the pump direct to a power source instead of the MS way -- No flooding

Reconnected everything per MS wiring diagram , I have all the prime set to 0, and test both a direct to battery and thru my buseman box. -- flooded -- then changed relays checked wires -- again more flooding.

I went thru and checked the setting a few dozen times to make sure anything that could be on and priming the motor is off, found that in another forums post here,

There's nothing on that I can see that should / would prime anything if the pump is set to time and everything is off. ??

I have the stim and will test it out if possible that way but it looks like a bad connection in the box maybe??
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm afraid that is the wrong sort of log. To get a data log, go to the Data Logging menu and click Start Logging. You will be prompted for a file name. The log starts when you save the file (this is an easy one to get tripped up on as a lot of people expect saving the file to be what you do at the end of the log). Once you have recorded what you need, go to the Data Logging Menu and click Stop.
TicToc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TicToc »

Matt Cramer wrote:I'm afraid that is the wrong sort of log. To get a data log, go to the Data Logging menu and click Start Logging. You will be prompted for a file name. The log starts when you save the file (this is an easy one to get tripped up on as a lot of people expect saving the file to be what you do at the end of the log). Once you have recorded what you need, go to the Data Logging Menu and click Stop.

Thanks for the help :-)
It's not going to run the injectors until I can safely figure out why it's dumping fuel when all of the pump enrichment settings are at 0 because I have already dumped 2 full oil changes on a brand new blower motor and will not risk it. I am also considering sending it back for a complete diag to make certain nothing inside is fudged as well. I have the testing boards, ms3x uses two, and nothing is showing there either.

How can I erase and reload the current firmware? I a want to restore it to absolute factory defaults and reload it with the current firmware just to make certain that there is nothing hiding in there from the previous owner.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

TicToc wrote: How can I erase and reload the current firmware? I a want to restore it to absolute factory defaults and reload it with the current firmware just to make certain that there is nothing hiding in there from the previous owner.
See this write up for loading firmware. Tell it not to preserve any sensor calibrations.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... .5-21.html
TicToc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TicToc »

Matt Cramer wrote:
TicToc wrote: How can I erase and reload the current firmware? I a want to restore it to absolute factory defaults and reload it with the current firmware just to make certain that there is nothing hiding in there from the previous owner.
See this write up for loading firmware. Tell it not to preserve any sensor calibrations.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... .5-21.html

thanks James .. but just to make it harder I use Linux / MAC .. I 'll see if I can borrow someones Windoz box and run the ms3loader_win32.exe
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

The latest version of Tuner Studio will load firmware.

Look under the tools drop down menu.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

TicToc wrote:
Matt Cramer wrote:thanks James .. but just to make it harder I use Linux / MAC .. I 'll see if I can borrow someones Windoz box and run the ms3loader_win32.exe
Why not use the Linux or Mac loaders that are provided?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".