Crank andCam Signals present, but no sync

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

C3Ferrari
MS/Extra Newbie

Crank andCam Signals present, but no sync

Post by C3Ferrari »

Hi, I am using an MS3Pro to control a BMW M73 engine, set up as fully sequential, and dual dizzy. I am using the factory sensors to read the 60-2 wheel on the crank and the 50/50 wheel on the cam. The problem I'm having is that while cranking, even though I can see signals on both channels, I am getting a "No Sync" indication, and the engine of course will not start. If I crank long enough, it will usually finally start, and once started, it runs fine. The problem seems to get worse if the battery voltage drops below 10 volts while cranking. Also, if the voltage gets so low that I can't crank the engine any longer, I can put it in gear, push the car and pop the clutch, and it fires immediately. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm thinking it might be some sort of noise caused by the starter, so I made sure I have the system powered up through a relay directly to the battery, and all grounds go directly to the battery, as well. I'm thinking about adding a large capacitor to the power line to act as a filter, but I'm not sure if that's where the noise would be coming from. Has anyone else had this issue before? Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached my .msq file, as well as a couple of log files which might be helpful.

Thanks, C.Y.