sync loss problem

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

sync loss problem

Post by darkstar42 »

went to the awd dyno today, and have weird things happening at 7700 rpm, which is really no suprise too me this project has been quite the head ache, here is a tooth log and a data log, on the tooth log i think the weird is at frame 48-58 and again at 174-190, not sure if you would call them frames but hopefully it made sence. on the data log if it gets zoomed out on it will be obvious where the issue is, i'm just not sure whats going on, i've tried too many things to list, i also don't have the most recent .msq. i do have an older .msq that should be mostly relevent. please ask away and thanks for the help

ms3pro--1.4.0
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: sync loss problem

Post by Matt Cramer »

I don't have the tune file, but if you are using noise filtering, turn it off.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

no noise filtering, today i swap to a 36-1 trigger wheel and hall sensor, so i'll get it on the dyno tomorrow and see if i have better results, but i will then make stellar logs and post up way more data, i've been fighting this issue for a long time, but this car HAS GOT TO MAKE IT UP pikes peak this year.
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

WOW, this deal is getting really old really fast, so matt i just opened this project and checked the noise filtering and some how it was on, i have been noticing that when ever i have to play with this thing some things seem to turn on as they wish, it took me forever to get my injector size to stay at 2000cc, i would shut down for the night and come back the next day and open things up and check the injector size and it would have a different number than i put in the previous night. today i noticed that my coolant temp was stuck at 180, i unplugged it and it stayed, i put a couple random resistors in the plug, it stayed, so i don't maybe you got some DIY matches and i'll just light this thing on fire.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Some settings changes will take effect when they are entered but are not actually saved unless you click "burn" - if you leave out this step, it will go back to the old setting when next powered up.

I see noise filtering is turned on and may be blocking real pulses. If turning the noise filtering off doesn't fix it, let me know what results you get from the the different sensor.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

Got the Hall sensor on and it free rev'ed to 8036rpm and hit the real rev limiter, i did 3 quick pulls last night first one to 7950rpms and on the next 2 i kept seeing the screen freeze and then pick back up, when i was done with the third pull i just happened to touch the battery(cars battery) and man that thing was hot, so i got a new one coming today and i'm going to try to get 9000rpm, i did not see any sync loss as of yet.
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

here it is....i made it really close to 9000rpm, i could not log it with the laptop, so this log is sd logging. What is going on with the AFR data? AFR .3 to .4 over 3000% ego correction? and why does my laptop freeze, that might be the wrong word it more or less pauses a couple times, you can see the rpm jump in the log(second posted log), and this particular log the car ran to 8000 rpm, log doesn't reflect that.

thanks for any help, i guess this might need to be a new post.