Higher value for generic inputs

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Higher value for generic inputs

Post by PUMPISH »

Hi

the maximum value of generic imputs 5v value is 3267kpa
I have 1600psi sensor to control my nitroz battle wich is 11031kpa.

Is it possible to make?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Higher value for generic inputs

Post by billr »

I'm sure you can use it, with resistors for a voltage divider or an op-amp to multiply; whichever is needed. I think you will also have to create a "custom" data field for it to read the units properly.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

at a guess the megasquirt is using a 16 bit signed Integer to store the number x10 hence being limited to 3276 could you not set it to psi use it up to 1600psi and if you want to know the kpa have tuner studio or mega log viewer convert it for you
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

grom_e30 wrote:at a guess the megasquirt is using a 16 bit signed Integer to store the number x10 hence being limited to 3276 could you not set it to psi use it up to 1600psi and if you want to know the kpa have tuner studio or mega log viewer convert it for you
very good ide actually!
I dont need to know the kpa value, psi works as well, it just need to turn off heating blanket at 900 psi
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

Any chance to upgrade sensor input scale ? I am willing to pay to the developer
To bad that i can not control NOS pressure
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

PUMPISH wrote:Any chance to upgrade sensor input scale ? I am willing to pay to the developer
Not going to happen on MS3 unfortunately. A larger dynamic range really requires floating point numbers which aren't practical on a processor with no floating-point module.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

grom_e30 wrote:at a guess the megasquirt is using a 16 bit signed Integer to store the number x10 hence being limited to 3276 could you not set it to psi use it up to 1600psi and if you want to know the kpa have tuner studio or mega log viewer convert it for you
...or use bar which is kPa/100 and thus easy to convert in your head if necessary!
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
PUMPISH
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by PUMPISH »

elaw wrote:
...or use bar which is kPa/100 and thus easy to convert in your head if necessary!
allready tryed and its not possible.
In kpa I need range up to 11031 kpa to get the correct value
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

jsmcortina wrote:
PUMPISH wrote:Any chance to upgrade sensor input scale ? I am willing to pay to the developer
Not going to happen on MS3 unfortunately. A larger dynamic range really requires floating point numbers which aren't practical on a processor with no floating-point module.

James
Actually, you could have a project switch to allow a range of +/-32767 instead of 3276.7 since this is basically only a display issue that is handled in TS and the actual internal value is meaningless to the MS3 anyway. However, that would affect all generic sensor inputs and would be tied to the project and not the MS3 which could lead to strange things if you use a different project.

Having this option per sensor and tied to the MS3 might be a bit more tricky but that's still mainly a TS thing (plus one bit per sensor for the option).

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum