MAF tuning

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

doubas
MS/Extra Newbie

MAF tuning

Post by doubas »

Hello,

Coming from an OEM ECU chipping community so standalone tuning strategy is a bit new.

This is my first post on this forum although i read and learned a lot from you guys, so thanks!

I have an 1.8t AGU stock internals engine with T3T4 turbo/lightweight pulleys, CAI, 3" exhaust, Genesis2 630cc Injectors on VW MK4, and managed to run the car on MS3x with MS3 pre-1.5.1 beta 2 firmware. Although it needs a lot of tuning but it runs ok for now. Need to try tuning using an Audi S4 OEM MAF 76mm id as primary fueling since I had great results tuning it to my OEM ECU.

The problem is when I set the fueling for MAF, the car does not start and run pig rich (pulsewidth go to 60+ on cranking) no matter how I lower the MAF/volt table. I also tried loading the mass airflow/MAF volts table from Audi ECU but same issue.

I'd really appreciate if somebody experienced enough to shed some light or point to the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.
Successfully installed and ran fully sequential MS3x on VW Mk4 1.8t, AGU engine T3T4'd. :D
Engine/Body harness wiring expert.
Noob tuner.
DIY'er.
Blown88GT
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MAF tuning

Post by Blown88GT »

You have not configured TS to use MAF.
1988 Mustang GT, 59k miles, Orig Owner
ProCharger 600B I/C, 12psi, FRP Hdrs, Flwmstr F2, 3G Alt, Contour Fan & DCC, 3.55's, Prog Sprg, Subfms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5's, Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R17, Crane HI-6, Kirban FPR, MS2, DIYPNPF60, Spartan 2, C&L76mm blo-thru MAF, 47lb FRP-LU47