Is my understanding correct - Boost Control

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Is my understanding correct - Boost Control

Post by hobieboy »

I read the manual and did some search but want to confirm if I understand it correctly -

1) If Boost Control is enabled and Closed-loop is selected in Basic Mode, Boost Control Target Table and Bias Duty Table 1 are used,
2) If Boost Table Switching is set to Tableswitch and Tableswitch = ON, then Boost Control Target Table 2 will be used but Bias Duty Table 1 is still being used.
3) Boost Bias Duty Table 2 is used only when Boost Control Setting 2 is set to ON and it cannot share same control pin as 1
4) Boost bias table entry is meant to reflect duty cycle needs to maintain the boost (kpa) at specific RPM - closed loop algorithm will keep duty cycle to 100% till lower limit delta is crossed

thanks!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Is my understanding correct - Boost Control

Post by nathaninwa »

You are correct. I'm fuzzy on number 3, as to just when bias table two is used. I think like dual fuel, the point you made when the tables are not shared. But 98% of the time, boost target 2, will use the bias table 1 values
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hobieboy »

thanks for confirming Nathan...

Just been curious what is the purpose of Boost Control Setting 2.

BTW - is there a way to ascertain Tableswitch is ON from MS3 perspective? Is there a status code and/or way to determine if Boost Target Table #2 is being used?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

In Project properties, you can enable port status. For the life of me I don't know which it is, but I can toggle my switch and see one of them turn green. But in the datalog you can verify by watching boost target and see it change when switched. I use this as an indication I've made the 1-2 shift in my Glide. I use a microswitch on the shifter
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hobieboy »

Its been a long while since I last look at port status :oops:

Do you know where could I find their definition now? I searched the manual but didn't find anything.

thanks!