MS3X not reading correctly the MAP value

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

R/Tony
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3X not reading correctly the MAP value

Post by R/Tony »

Hi guys

I need some advice, Im located in Guadalajara Mexico so the elevation here is 5,108 feet (1550Mts) and I think the MAP should be reading around 88 or 89 kpa right?... but I am getting 101kpa when the car is off switch on.... is this the correct reading? I dont think so, I have changed the values in TunerStudio using all the type of MAPs and in any selection I can get 88 kpa.

I have used the internal MAP of 2.5bar and also I have used the external input of the MS3X to connect the GM 3bar MAP and I am getting the same value, I have checked in some other posts that its maybe the initial configuration of the project file.

Im pretty sure its configuration, should I post the complete project file here or just the MSQ file which is already attached.

Car is a GEN3 LS 5.3 in Wasted Spark.

Thanks!
Dodge Magnum Dart K TII 2.5L Turbo 4bar Megasquirted (sold :( )
Malibu Gen3 LS 5.3 turbo MS3X :D
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3X not reading correctly the MAP value

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

If you use the Internal MS MAP Sensor, change the General Settings to : Voltage Input Port = Mainboard

Then Re-calibrate the MAP and choose MPX4250 as your sensor type . Don't forget to Unlock Calibrations before changing. Otherwise your changes won't Stick. Then Lock Calibrations and Burn.

Default values
General Settings.jpg

Calibrate MAP MPX4250.jpg
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Is the MAP "stuck" at 101kPa, or does it respond to blowing/sucking on the sensor port? Posting an MSL log may help.
R/Tony
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by R/Tony »

billr wrote:Is the MAP "stuck" at 101kPa, or does it respond to blowing/sucking on the sensor port? Posting an MSL log may help.
no, it does actually move on engine vacuum, it only shows around 100kpa on power on where I think it should show 88kpa.

So here is a LOG file, car has another problems, but I want to first make the MAP to read correctly.

thanks
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

This is a really simple solution. You are wrong in your thinking that Guadalajara is 88 KPA. 5,108 feet is nothing. Current KPA at Guadalajara at the moment I post this is 100.5 KPA.

So, nothing wrong with your MAP sensor:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/mx/we ... uadalajara

Jun,24th 8:25 PM PST
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

What? No, atmospheric pressure is about 24.90" Hg at 5000' elevation; that is 84.3 kPa
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

BlackBird_SR71 wrote:This is a really simple solution. You are wrong in your thinking that Guadalajara is 88 KPA. 5,108 feet is nothing. Current KPA at Guadalajara at the moment I post this is 100.5 KPA.

What you see on the weather channel is the relative barometric pressure. That's not the real absolute pressure but the pressure corrected for altitude so that people can use the same reference regardless of their location.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

racingmini_mtl wrote:
BlackBird_SR71 wrote:This is a really simple solution. You are wrong in your thinking that Guadalajara is 88 KPA. 5,108 feet is nothing. Current KPA at Guadalajara at the moment I post this is 100.5 KPA.

What you see on the weather channel is the relative barometric pressure. That's not the real absolute pressure but the pressure corrected for altitude so that people can use the same reference regardless of their location.

Jean
Ahhh... I did not know that. Thank you for the correction. I learn something every day. So would 88 KPA be an normal actual pressure at 5,100 feet? Trying to find the ISA standards...
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

Found a handy site with ISA standards for Atmospheric pressures at various elevations, and depths.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-a ... d_462.html

Now, if I could just find the coding to " Strikeout" my incorrect answers on the site that would be wonderful. Have already tried all of the standard [HTML] code
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Can't you just edit your older post?

I have used that "Engineering Toolbox" many times, but have to point out that the table linked to has some weirdness. It is generally correct, but is showing some place in Norway (Sognefjorden) as being 4500 feet below msl. Unless they name the bottom of their oil/gas wells, it ain't right. I believe that Dead Sea area is lowest (dry land) on Earth.
R/Tony
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by R/Tony »

UPDATE:
Issue got resolved after we resolved the issue of the incorrect Voltage value in the MS ECU: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=66453

Now it reads the correct value of 89KPA! Thank you all :yeah!: