Flex fuel settings... Can I lock these?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Flex fuel settings... Can I lock these?

Post by forcefed86 »

I am using my flex fuel sensor off the surge tank return line. This works great when the surge tank is 100% full and returning fuel to the main tank. When I am racing the car (drag car) and the sump is no longer returning fuel to the main tank the ethanol sensor is reading a smaller percent of ethanol and leaning out the mixture. I then hit the AFR fuel cut.

Is there a way to lock in the adjusted fueling scaler for flex fuel settings? I'd like to lock it at it's current 135%
forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Flex fuel settings... Can I lock these?

Post by forcefed86 »

No way to lock in the flex fuel settings? Seems weird you'd want these to change when WOT. It's not like your ethanol percent will change drastically? Ideally this should be inactivated or locked above say 50% TPS? Anyway to jump in teh code and change this?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Are you a actively using the flex sensor to fuel the car or just rear ethanol content? There is currently no way to lock it afaik and inquired about this after having ethanol content drop under power quite a bit and recover at runs end. James talked about changing the refresh rate on that
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by forcefed86 »

Using it to tune. I swapped the ethanol sensor from the surge return to the surge supply. Should be relatively low pressure. Hope that does the trick.