JS11,10 or D15 usage as outputs?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

JS11,10 or D15 usage as outputs?

Post by jasaircraft »

Hi so ive built a circuit according to manual page 3.5.6 to drive a relay using js11... but it doesnt respond to changes in the software that should trigger it.

instead of 2N2222A i used 2222A ... could that be the problem?

If I where to use D15 instead should i use the positive pad as in D14,D16 when using them for ignition?
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: JS11,10 or D15 usage as outputs?

Post by jasaircraft »

I just tried the 3.5.7 circuit (boost ctrl) and it worked with D15 by testing it using the programable outputs1 page, but for some reason it doesnt on JS11 (damaged?)

Also i tried testing the D15 output on the Output test mode INJ/SPK and does nothing... why?
tried Output testmode2 which also says SparkC and nothing
Can any of the Output test modes test D15? I have tested it on the past when building an ignition output and it works but with this tip122 it doesnt do anything.

So yay that i solved my output problem but not very happy for the js11 not working and not being able to test d15 in the output test modes.. how can i know if js11 is damaged?
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

now the deal is how to set this D15 output to be on only from 2krpm til 6krpm (vvt) maybe using the nitrous setup page? because the vvt page doesnt have D15 as an output option
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

ok so now im using D15 in another car to drive a check engine led.
It works but backwards for some reason im trying to understand.
I built the circuit exactly as in the manual section 3.5.6 and the ms3 pin is D15 negative pad. Should i be using top of R27 instead?
I used the led negative as its stated in page16 of the hardware manual "led negative can be used for relay output"
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

jasaircraft wrote:ok so now im using D15 in another car to drive a check engine led.
I built the circuit exactly as in the manual section 3.5.6 and the ms3 pin is D15 negative pad. Should i be using top of R27 instead?
I used the led negative as its stated in page16 of the hardware manual "led negative can be used for relay output"
That should work - is the LED on when you turn the output on in output test mode, and off when you turn it off?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

Matt Cramer wrote:
jasaircraft wrote:ok so now im using D15 in another car to drive a check engine led.
That should work - is the LED on when you turn the output on in output test mode, and off when you turn it off?
Now it is, i used top of r27