MS3 Pro 1G DSM Kiggly 12 tooth trigger help

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Darren Thomas Racing
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 Pro 1G DSM Kiggly 12 tooth trigger help

Post by Darren Thomas Racing »

Hey everyone, new MS users here. We're in the process of bench wiring our new MS3 pro ultimate and just need a little guidance on the wiring/setup of our crank/cam angle sensors. We have the kiggly racing 12 tooth trigger wheel that uses a evo crank sensor and the 92-94 1G DSM cam angle sensor.

First, should we be using CMP+ or CMP- on the MS harness to connect to the factory cam angle sensor or both? Are we connecting to the white TDC signal or yellow Cam signal wire on the factory pigtail?

Second, am I correct that the CKP+ on the MS harness will be running to the white signal wire on the evo crank sensor pigtail?

Lastly, Kiggly was kind enough to provide step by step software settings for AEM but Im not sure what starting paramaters will be needed in the Ignition Options / Wheel Decoder table.

We would take the time to sort these issues out on our own but we are in a mad scramble to get our car ready for the third Outlaw Armageddon in just a few weeks time! Yes we are insane for doing this so late in the game lol. Thanks for any help that can be offered!
beans
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 Pro 1G DSM Kiggly 12 tooth trigger help

Post by beans »

Hey Darren! Im actually running the exact same setup on my dsm and it is working out pretty d*** good. With the Kiggly 12tooth, I cut off one of the teeth in order for MS to know where top dead center is. For the signal wire you just use CKP+. As far as the cam angle sensor im just on a factor green top and am using CMP+ to the cam single wire. I can show you how I set it all up tonight when I get home from work.
Darren Thomas Racing
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Darren Thomas Racing »

beans wrote:Hey Darren! Im actually running the exact same setup on my dsm and it is working out pretty d*** good. With the Kiggly 12tooth, I cut off one of the teeth in order for MS to know where top dead center is. For the signal wire you just use CKP+. As far as the cam angle sensor im just on a factor green top and am using CMP+ to the cam single wire. I can show you how I set it all up tonight when I get home from work.
Ok, but if we are using the cam angle TDC signal, wouldnt that prevent us from needing to cut off a tooth on the kiggly wheel? I assume we use that to trigger the TDC reset no?
beans
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by beans »

Darren Thomas Racing wrote:
beans wrote:Hey Darren! Im actually running the exact same setup on my dsm and it is working out pretty d*** good. With the Kiggly 12tooth, I cut off one of the teeth in order for MS to know where top dead center is. For the signal wire you just use CKP+. As far as the cam angle sensor im just on a factor green top and am using CMP+ to the cam single wire. I can show you how I set it all up tonight when I get home from work.
Ok, but if we are using the cam angle TDC signal, wouldnt that prevent us from needing to cut off a tooth on the kiggly wheel? I assume we use that to trigger the TDC reset no?
I set mine up to use the missing tooth on the crank to tell it TDC as that is far more accurate than relying on the cam sensor. Another thing to note is that both the cam and crank sensor will need the 1k pull up resistors.