4L80e output speed sensor and traction control

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Turbo_GrandPrix
MS/Extra Newbie

4L80e output speed sensor and traction control

Post by Turbo_GrandPrix »

Hey, I'm just about ready to order an MS3 system and I've got a question regarding VSS's

I've got an 84 Grand Prix with a T70/5.3/4L80e combo. I'll be using MS3 and a Microsquirt controller for the transmission.
It looks like I can swap some mid 90's S10 backing plates with sensors and rotors with ABS rings in pretty easy to get front VSS worked out. Will I be able to use the 4L80e output speed sensor to provide a rear wheel speed signal to the controller, or will I have to come up with something to adapt a VSS to the Ford 9" diff? I've played around with the software a little bit and slowly starting to understand some of it, but it looks to be a fairly steep learning curve. I just want to be sure this method will actually do the trick.

Regards.
BLR
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 4L80e output speed sensor and traction control

Post by BLR »

Yes you can use the vss from the 4L80e for you driven sensor.
I'm assuming you are going to use a micro trans controller for your 4l80. Just follow the instructions page by page and it walks you through it. As long as you do a good job with your wiring you shouldn't have a problem, I didn't.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 4L80e output speed sensor and traction control

Post by nathaninwa »

Agreed. I used traction control with my 80e. You'll need to buffer the vr sensor though from the front tire with the 3x setup. A simple 4 pin hei module can be used for this

You can even use the gear indication and run boost by gear with an 80e
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control