cam sensor not displayed on comp logger

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

cam sensor not displayed on comp logger

Post by ejs262 »

I'm in section 2.15 of the manual, and I'm not getting a cam signal on the logger. the dashboard doesn't show cam fault.

I'm assuming this means I need a pull up resistor for the cam signal?

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

I'm using TunerStudio MS Ultra version 3.0.22 MS3 firmware 1.5.0
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: cam sensor not displayed on comp logger

Post by kaeman »

tell us a little more about the sensors and the engine trigger wheel etc. the pull up resistor would be needed on some types of sensors and not needed on others.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

kaeman wrote:tell us a little more about the sensors and the engine trigger wheel etc. the pull up resistor would be needed on some types of sensors and not needed on others.

Crank is a 2008 GM 3900 V6 unit on a 36-1 wheel, cam is a 2006 G6 sensor on a wheel with a notch cut into, basically the inversion of a single tooth wheel. both are 3 wire sensors I assume to be hall effect.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

both sensors use a 12V source supplied from IGN+
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

new update, under short cranking, it doesn't display a cam fault, under longer duration cranking it does... time to check some wiring...
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

new update... it helps to have it plugged in....

DOH!

:oops:
compllog.png
Doesn't look like a pull-up will be necessary to me.