Twin turbo LS- Boost control PID settings?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Twin turbo LS- Boost control PID settings?

Post by 93supercoupe »

Im trying to get my closed loop boost working better. In setup mode, its on point. The bias table is pretty accurate. But basically anytime i put it in basic mode, i get oscillation. Im trying to figure out where to even start with PID settings.

Car has gone 6.0 at 118 on a 275/50 tire in a 3600lb IRS BMW with attached tune. Im skeptical in just putting in settings and not have any idea where to start.

Trying to shrink the log to attach
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Twin turbo LS- Boost control PID settings?

Post by 93supercoupe »

Heading to the track tomorrow. Any suggestions on a starting point would be much appreciated
BootlegTuned
wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by wes kiser »

How "tight" is your lower limit delta?

Slider in middle, P of 60, I of 40, and D of 0 (to start) should be fine (but also very "reluctant" to alter the bias duty quickly or much). Its absolutely a process you have to tune, but based on the setups I have done, those settings should be far away from osscilation.

How much duty oscillation are you seeing with "basic?" I honestly have always just used advanced, as it works fairly simply.
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Thanks for the tip.

The oscillation is slow. Like over shoot in first, undershoot in 2nd and target in 3rd
BootlegTuned