Start Sequence

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Alan Harper
MS/Extra Newbie

Start Sequence

Post by Alan Harper »

MS3X - 502 RamJet – HEI8 - Bank Injection
I just converted from MEFI3 to MS3X. At key on the Main relay energizes and the MX3X boots up, and the fuel pump relay energizes for a couple of seconds (and all the associated electricals) then turns off. The engine can only be started during the initial 2 second fuel pump run as the relay does not re-energize during start. Is it supposed to work this way or am I missing a setting to allow everything to power up during key start? It is wired per the standard MS3/V3.57 diagram with 2 relays feeding a fuse block. I searched the manuals, forums and even YouTube but I'm not finding it mentioned.
Thanks, Alan
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Start Sequence

Post by Matt Cramer »

The relay should re-energize while cranking. Can you post a data log of what is going on and a copy of your tune?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Alan Harper
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Alan Harper »

2017-09-08_18.25.17.msq
I haven't learned to do a datalog yet but I think this is a copy of the tune. I've only had it running a few days. Thanks, Alan
SwedCharger-67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by SwedCharger-67 »

Are you by any chance using a start button and the button is fed from the fuse block?
Martin, Sweden
Mopar 512 cui, 8.4 liters, high compression, fuel E85, full sequential control by MS3X, burning rubber just blipping the throttle... :D
Alan Harper
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Alan Harper »

No start button, regular key start. I did a little wiring change today to solve the issue, I wired the ignition coil to the key instead of the output of the fuel pump relay. Thanks, Alan
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

To get a data log, go to the Data Logging menu and click Start Logging. You will be prompted for a file name. The log starts when you save the file (this is an easy one to get tripped up on as a lot of people expect saving the file to be what you do at the end of the log). Once you have recorded what you need, go to the Data Logging Menu and click Stop.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Alan Harper
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Alan Harper »

Thanks Matt, I'm learning.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

In that last MSL the engine started and ran for 2 minutes. What have you changed?