Pit lane limiter feature as Rolling launch

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mistermike
MS/Extra Newbie

Pit lane limiter feature as Rolling launch

Post by mistermike »

Hi

I'm running megasquirt on 3SGTe platform.
Platform: 1994 Toyota Corona EXIV - ST200 with a 4th gen 3SGTE engine swap from a 1997-2002 Caldina GT-T

Engine swap: ST215W 3SGTE

Engine spec : 4 cylinders, 2.0L, turbo, COP with built-in igniters, high-impedance 540cc/min injectors, 36-2 crank trigger wheel, a trigger arm on the intake camshaft, crank and cam sensors are both VR sensors, OEM (Toyota) CLT and MAP sensor, RX7 Quick acting IAT sensor mounted in the stock location (intake manifold plenum), 14point7 wideband controller and Bosch 02 sensor, 3-wire OEM PWM idle valve.

ECU

Hardware : v3.57 main board + MS3 + MS3X
Software : MS3 v 1.4
Tuning : TunerStudio MS Lite v2.6.19

I'm having an issue trying to get the pit lane limiter function to work. It seems very straight forward feature to activate but it just won't work for me.
I have Launch control and flatshift working perfectly using a Launch In as the ground input from my clutch switch.

I have pit lane limiter (RPM Holding mode) also set up via a ground input (Datalogin) from a switch. Ground signal tested at the MS3x connector at the ECU (Datalogin Pin). The feature will not activate and RPM does not hold when switch is active. I changed the inputs to different ground input (tableswitch) no success.
I then changed to +12v input and changed the ground signal from relay to a +12v input to the ecu Pin (Nitrous IN) but still feature will not activate.

I then disable Launch control and flatshift and used the working ground input (Launch In) for the pit lane limiter function but still feature wont work :(

Do i probably need to upgrade my firmware or Tunerstudio ? I'm thinking its not an installation issue. Or is there a problem with my board ?

attached are the relevant files
mistermike
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Pit lane limiter feature as Rolling launch

Post by mistermike »

Anybody with any ideas to point me in the right direction ?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I see you're just using spark retard but not fuel cut or spark cut. I think you'll need something a bit more aggressive.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
mistermike
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mistermike »

it now works, thanks a lot for the pointers matt
Esteban
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Esteban »

Can you explain how you use this? Do you press the button and press in the clutch and floor it? Then release button when ready to go?
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

You press and hold the switch, floor the throttle and then the MS will limit either RPM or VSS to the wanted value using a limiting strategy (fuel cut, spark cut, spark retard).

Good to use if you want to start a (race) run while rolling at a set speed with the throttle already at WOT and ready to go.

See here : http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... e-1.5.html (section 15.21, p.257-351)

Sam
jasaircraft
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by jasaircraft »

Hello mistermike how did you solve this?
Are the 36-2 and 1 tooth in cam you are using the stock toyota triggers?
Djovani_jr
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Djovani_jr »

I have Launch control and Flatshift working perfectly using a "Launch In" as the ground input from my clutch switch.

I have Pit Lane Limiter also set up via a ground input (Tableswitch) from a hand brake switch.

My problem is that standing in a parking lot with the handbrake up, the Pit Lane Limiter activates spark retard. How can I add a speed activation condition (vss>30kph)?

e.g. Pit Lane Limiter Input Loop1
Loop1 ---> vss>30 AND ???
Toyota Caldina GT-Turbo Type 5MT
3S-GTE Gen4
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Start a new topic and attach your tune and a datalog demonstrating your problem.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".